Staff meetings have evolved a lot over CCM’s history and likely will continue to evolve. We currently hold them on Discord.
Meeting Formats #
It is ultimately up to the staff member holding the meeting to determine what style would be best suited to them. A few meeting formats we use are:
- Synchronous chat-based meetings. Ex: Everyone has to log on for a real-time chat conversation.
- Asynchronous chat-based tasks. Ex: People are required to vote in the #polls channel on Discord or co-create a slideshow.
- Synchronous voice/video calls. Ex: Call in the #staff-meetings channel to discuss staff applications.
Regardless of how the meeting is structured, keep in mind that most meetings should include:
- Status updates on incomplete tasks.
- Check-ins for relevant staff members to report on their progress.
- Clear direction/to-do lists for upcoming tasks.
Rules & Requirements #
A few guidelines to keep meetings running smoothly.
- It is mandatory for staff to attend weekly meetings. If they cannot come, they must tell the EIC immediately so they can prepare alternate (usually asynchronous) meeting materials for them.
- If any staff member discovers they cannot attend a meeting, they must notify the meeting organizer at least half an hour prior to the meeting.
- Synchronous voice call meetings tend to last 1-2 hours max. If they run long, staff may leave.
- Please practice basic call courtesy. Be mindful of your mic. Mute yourself if there’s a lot of background noise that competes with the speaker.
- If a meeting is asynchronous/text-based, please acknowledge reception of the message by “reacting” to the post or replying in the post’s thread.