Newsletter & Blog [WIP - NEEDS UPDATING] #
The newsletter is meant to be published once a month and is a collaborative effort between the Creative Directors, Managing Editors, and Creative Team Members.
Early in the month, the Managing Editors will seek signups for newsletter content.
- In the
#newsletterchannel, the Managing Editors will send a post announcing:
- The month’s theme.
- The estimated date of release.
- The Managing Editor will create a thread from the post prompting CTM & EB to sign up. The Managing Editors will oversee staff based on the following general schedule:
- Week 1: Announce theme, get signups.
- Week 2: Check in with staff members who have committed to making content.
- Week 3: Review/edit rough drafts and receive final drafts.
- Week 4: Publish newsletter.
- Examples of content that staff can suggest and/or sign up to create:
- Blog posts written by staff members. CTM are especially encouraged to contribute to the blog. Blog posts can be anything from doodles to essays to songs to graphics.
- Crossposting content made for social media/creation week: such as the collaborative Spotify playlist.
- Interactive elements like polls and surveys.
- Each newsletter should have 3-4 pieces of content.
- A Managing Editor (or other staff member) writes copy for the newsletter body.
- Creative Directors are recruited to make illustrations to accompany the blog posts. The newsletter may also reuse graphics the Creative Directors have created for social media.
Our blog is a collection of writing and art our staff has created for the newsletter. It also contains important organizational updates. A few notes:
- Blog posts are ultimately uploaded in Markdown. They can be submitted to Managing Editors either via Google Docs, a text document, or a Markdown file.
- Please refer to this section of the docs for instructions on making a blog post public.
- Managing Editors will oversee the timeline to ensure blog posts are uploaded at least one day before the newsletter is released.
Creation Week #
Early each month, the Communications Director should make a post in the
#creation-week channel on Discord planning out the social media calendar (and possibly soliciting social media post suggestions.) Ideally, we will have ~2 pieces of social media engagement per week. This is meant to work synergistically with the newsletter/blog.
Examples of content that may be suggested:
- Social media campaigns
- “This-or-that” polls
- Instagram takeover
- Previously published pieces
- Specific blog posts
- Staff vacancies
- Submissions/workshops opening
- Posts about the server
- Merch/physical copies
- Newsletter posts
If the Communications Director struggles to generate all 7-8 social media pieces for the month, they may solicit suggestions from other staff members.